Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fruit Please :(

So I've had some health problems and the 'diet' prescribed is a little insane.  Perhaps they're right that these foods are causing my craziness because the ones they list are pretty much EVERYTHING I LOVE TO EAT.

So, rather than eating these tasty edibles, I'm just going to have a lovely little 'ode' to them.  That way I can partake in their juicy delights without putting them on my taste buds and swallowing a load of guilt.

Today the first 'ode' is to Fruit!

FRUIT---all that is good and right in the world
tempter of woman from the beginning of time
seeded and filled with sugar you delight the mouth
refreshing thirst on a cool day
munching, crunching, colorful bunching
you bring a delight to the eye with your rainbow of colors
strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and apple
you'll forever remain my friends though estranged
no bananas for breakfast
I must end this madness
but I must say goodbye for today, for today,
yes I must say goodbye for today


(except that I am still thinking I'm going to eat a banana, I figure I'll wean myself off slowly?)

No comments:

Post a Comment