Monday, December 6, 2010

Total Baby Blow Out

I experienced my first TBB0 (total baby blow out) last week.  Apparently this explosion had been occurring for perhaps the last month on a random basis, but as a fortunate nanny, I had missed out.  Sure, one time it happened upon my arrival in the morning, but as the mother was the one changing him for the morning, I missed out on the festivities.  Not last week.  No sir.  You know, I didn't even hear the explosion, & for all I know it could have happened up to 15 minutes prior to my discovery.  Smiling, laughing baby sits in goo and giggles.  

Where is the manual on changing a diaper that has exploded to the back of the child's armpit?  How do you remove such clothing items, that are smothered in poo and only have about 3 buttons on either end?  How do you remove poo'd clothing without then getting poo on everything else in site?  How do you clean a squirming (but happy) poo'd baby who has little motor skills and likes to wiggle when naked?  How do you keep a baby from adjusting the water temp in a sink?  These are the questions I asked myself.  I felt like the child might have turned octopus!  Next time we have a TBBO, we're headed straight for the tub.  No holds bar. Clothes and all. After all, they're ending up in the washer anyway, right?

How did Mary do it?  I mean she surely didn't have a sink, or spare diaper, or baby wipes.  Those were some tough momma's back then.  I bet Jesus had some TBBO.  I'd love to hear some of her tales.

Merry Christmas to all!
"For unto us a Child is Born!" Isa 9:6

1 comment:

  1. Ha! We've had a few of those. Bathes are pretty much a necessity. Near as I can tell there is no good way to deal with this type of thing.

    ReplyDelete